Building a Universal Framework for iOS -
Apple has invested quite a bit of time into making it easy to compile for a number of different architectures in XCode. For instance, compiling a library into its armv6, armv7, and i386 variants is just a matter of specifying the supported architecture types. However, there isn’t a built-in mechanism to take the binaries built for the various architectures and merge them into a universal iOS framework.
No, we don’t use Interface Builder in any way, nor do we work with Storyboards. It’s all programmatic. — (1) Path: Are storyboards used by the iOS team at Path? - Quora
Lets discuss cons first
1. You need a developer account to test your software on real device. You can add only 1 device in student program and 3 devices in regular program. That a big negative point if you got to test your code on multiple devices-may be to show client.
2. It uses nokia maps.
3. You cant develop for WP8 in a virtual machine.
4. Oh, and to test on a real device you need windows 8 pro or enterprise
5. You need to have 99$ account before you can submit app.
6. Wp6, wp7, wp8 while have similar name and incase of wp7 and wp8 they also have similar Ui but infact they are totally different. Wp7 had windows ce kernel and .net api’s and was developed using silver light. In wp8 silver light has been discarded and windows 8 kernel has been introduced.
Wp8 has alot of tricks in its sleeves
1. Ui designing is very easy and infact there is a dedicated tool just for ui
2. Wp8 and windows 8 share the same kernel core and hence they also share alot of API
3. Wp8 emulator is a full fledge emulator unlike android emulator or ios simulator, we should expect similar behaviour on real devices.
4. No just in time compilation is done. Native code is used to enhance performance, that why you would not see too many splash screens.
How to install IPA directly on your iOS! [iPhone/iPod/iPad] | iPadOS
In one of my projects, I needed to update a UILabel whenever a web service fetched has been completed. I asked my issue on stackoverflow.com and they pointed my out on using KVO. Googling pointed me to this excellent tutorial discussing both KVC and KVO. It’s pretty straighforward that noobs like me can get it in an instant.
Check out the link below:
Release notes: Apple Xcode 4.6
CocoaPods is a great solution that makes it easy to manage dependencies to 3rd party libraries in your projects.
That excess traffic has also seemingly crippled Cydia this morning. — Cydia repos buckle under evasi0n traffic
iOS 6 jailbreak:68%: Applications for Windows and OS X are finished. Remains linux and some testing. Come back soon! — evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs
MEGA...Impressive first look